FAREWELL TO Hon'ble Mr. Justice H.S. Bedi , JUDGE SUPREME COURT OF INDIA on Supreme Court Lawn at 4.15 Pm organised by SCBA
Hon'ble Mr. Justice H.S. Bedi (b.05.09.1946)
Term of Office: 12.01.2007 to 04.09.2011
- Harjit Singh Bedi, M.A., LL.B., was born on September 5, 1946. He was enrolled as an Advocate with the Bar Council of Punjab & Haryana on July 17, 1972 and practiced in Criminal, Writ and other Civil matters.
- Was appointed a part time lecturer in Law in 1974 and continued as such till 1983. Was also Editor of Indian Law Reports Punjab and Haryana Services for about a decade. Was appointed Deputy Advocate General (Punjab) in 1983 worked as such till 1987. Made Senior Advocate in 1987. Was appointed Additional Advocate General Punjab till 1989. Was appointed Advocate General Punjab for about a year ending in 1990.
- He was appointed as an Additional Judge of the Punjab & Haryana High Court on March 15, 1991 and permanent Judge on July 8, 1992. He was appointed as the Chief Justice of the Bombay High Court on 03.10.2006.
- Appointed as a Judge of Supreme Court of India on 12.01.2007.
- Due to retire on 05.09.2011 (F.N.).